Notice of Utility Rate Changes
Effective July 1, 2017
- The Garbage Collection Fee/Rate will be $18.50 per month per customer (residential or commercial.) One solid waste container, and one recycling container is considered ONE SINGLE UNIT and is charged the $18.50 monthly fee. For each additional solid waste container their is an additional $11 per month.
- The Town of Pikeville does NOT offer two recycling bins.
- The Water Use Fee will be a flat rate of $27.00 per month (per in-Town residential and or commercial customer) , plus $11.23 per 1,000 gallons used (per out-of-Town residential and or commercial customer).
- The Sewer Use Fee will be a flat rate of $15.00 per month (per customer in-TOwn or out-of-Town, resident or commercial), plus $15.23 per $1,000 gallons used.
- The residential customer electric rate (in-Town or out-of-Town) will be a flat rate of $9.25 per month, plus $0.1345 per KWH used per month.
- The Co-Incident Peak customer electric rate will be a flat rate of $75.00, plus a Co-Incident peak demand fee of $22.89 per CPkw, plus an excess demand fee of $4.00 per excess kw, plus an energy charge of $0.0530 per KWH.
Applying for Services in the Town of Pikeville
- Before coming to Town Hall, please call to determine if you fall in our service area. Some areas have a Pikeville address; however, we only provide utilities for residents that are in our Town limits.
- If you do fall in our utilities jurisdiction, you may download the forms and fill them out at home or come to Town Hall to fill them out. Our application lists all the requirements needed but they are also listed below.
- In order to complete your file we need the following items: State-Issued ID, Driver License, deposit in the amount of $200 (home owner) or $400 (renter), deed to home, or rental agreement. We will make a copy of all of this to keep on file.
- Deposits are ONLY accepted in the form of money order or check.
- Once we have everything on file, a Turn-On will be submitted for the day you would like your utilities on.
- Your first bill will typically be higher. We do not enter new residents that apply for services into our billing software until after the 20th of the month due to our billing software. You may have up to a month and a half on your first bill. Please discuss this with the Deputy Town Clerk for more information.
- Download the forms here!
- If you move from Town and you have not qualified for a Good Pay Deposit, please know your last bill will come out of your deposit.
- Please call Town Hall and let us know you are moving! If not, there is a possibility you may incur unnecessary charges!
Electric Service Add-In
New Installation of Overhead Electric Service – The Town will connect service to the customer’s weatherhead at no charge, provided the weatherhead is within 50 feet of an existing service pole; the customer shall be billed for all cost of installation over 50 feet.
New Installation of Underground Electric Service – The Town will install a pole and service to the customer’s property line at the Town’s expense; the customer shall incur all costs of installing underground service from the weatherhead to the service pole.
New Installation of Yard Light, including pole – The Town will install pole, light, and wiring at a one-time charge of $200.00
New Installation of Yard Light, without pole –The Town will install light and wiring at a one-time charge of $100.00.
Water Service Add-In
Water Connection Tap Fees
¾” Tap Fee – $300.00
1” Tap Fee – $350.00
2” Tap Fee – $1,050.00 for the meter only, plus the actual installation expense
Sewer Connection Tap Fees
4” Tap Fee – $500.00
Other Utility Charges
Requesting a Meter Test: If the meter is found to be bad, there is no charge; otherwise the charges are as follows –
Testing an Electric Meter – $10.00
Testing a Water Meter – $ 5.00
Utility bill late payment penalty: $25.00, if payment is not received by the 15th of the month.
Reconnection fees: Regular Hours – $50.00; we do not make reconnections after 4:30pm, nor on weekends.
Meter Tampering Charge: $500.00 per offense
Sewer Plugs & Caps: Plugs – $5.00; Cleanout plugs and caps: $12.00